by Arnoldo Watson
For people who would like to have the most privilege and the benefits in flying, he would normally choose a charter flight instead of taking the usual airline flights that many of us had experienced. Basically, charter flights refer to those flights that deviate from the normal course of flight activities and schedules. This means that with charter flights, you can personally decide the time, date, and the location according to your personal preference and necessity. Actually, in a simpler point of view, charter flights are specially created to provide convenient flying to people who do not have fixed schedules. It also provides expediency to people whose activities require frequent flying that take place usually out of the typical flight schedules.
1. Nature Of Charter Flights In most instances, charter flights are used during the peak season and holidays. That is why, most charter flight tickets are included in vacation holiday packages. These vacation packages include all the necessary items needed by an individual like the price of the ticket, accommodation, food, and other services. Even if charter flights are more manageable, however, the discretion is usually based on the preference of the passengers, it also entails some rules and regulations that must be observed at all times. Normally, charter flights will only take its course if it has a near 100% seating capacity or if the numbers of passengers are almost filling up the actual number of seating capacity of a certain charter plane. However, its actual number of seating capacity is lower than the usual number of commercial airplanes. On the other hand, not all charter flights are created perfect. Hence, there are instances that it also has its own flaws and drawbacks as well as its advantages and benefits. Travel worldwide vector symbol Travel worldwide vector symbol Download Travel worldwide vector symbol from © Dreamstime.com
2. Pros And Cons
Pros – Charter flights can provide you with many flights, even up to ten times, as compared to what the traditional commercial planes can give you.
- All you have to do is to pick your destination and the place of the airport where you want to land.
- Charter flights give you the convenience of time because you decide your departure time.
- With charter flights, you do not have to go through the tedious process of check-in and checkout requirements.
- Charter flights give you the privilege of utmost convenience flying, away from the hustle and bustle of commercial planes.
Cons – Charter flights cannot go anywhere around the globe. This is because there are some countries that do not allow the entry of charter planes.
- As much as it can give you the convenience of flying, charter flights are susceptible to restricted flights and stiff schedules. This means that there are instances wherein charter flights cannot arrange or change some flights for you in the event that there are some changes in your schedules.
- Payments for charter flights are usually in advance. This would mean that you are financially compelled to follow the rules, otherwise, you cannot hire their services.
- As much as it can be safe, charter flights may not be capable of providing you with utmost security. However, this is still subject to some factors and that not all charter flights are created equal. That is why it is extremely important to choose a charter flight that is fully recognized and credited by the Federal Aviation Administration or the FAA.
3. Other Considerations Indeed, charter flights may be applicable to some but not all. After all, the selection and the final discretion are always dependent on the person who will pay for the services. Just remember, in order to avoid any discrepancy or problems with regards to the services of your chosen charter flight agency, always do some background check first. As mentioned, be sure that the charter flight that you will use is duly credited and recognized by the FAA. Otherwise, any problem that may arise from your use of their charter flight services may be disregarded especially if the company is not authorized by the FAA. The bottom line here is that where your money goes, care and security must be observed at all times.